Petersfield Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- 8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
- 8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
- 8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
Recycling centres are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January.
From A272, turn into Bedford Road at the junction with the A3. Continue past the industrial units to the site which is located on the right hand side.
From Petersfield centre, head east along Station Road. After the train station, turn left into Frenchmans Road. Follow the road along until the end where it swings round to the right into Bedford Road and the site is located on the left.
Postcode: GU32 3LJ
What you can recycle
- Animal waste (domestic animals only)
- Batteries - car batteries
- Batteries - disposable household batteries
- Electrical and electronic items
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garden waste (green waste only)
- Gas bottles (propane and butane only)
- Glass - bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Lightbulbs (low energy type only)
- Metal items
- Newspapers, magazines and cardboard
- Oil - engine oil
- Soil, rubble and DIY waste
- Wood and timber
- Plasterboard (small amounts only)
- Hazardous household waste - only accepted at 11 specially licensed sites in Hampshire
- Cement bonded asbestos (accepted at Andover, Basingstoke, Efford, Netley and Portsmouth)
- Trade/business waste
- Animal waste - only two double-bagged bin liners will be accepted per household per day.
- Paint - only five litres will be accepted per household per month.
- Soil and rubble - only the the equivalent of a medium-sized car boot full of waste (approximately the contents of six 30 litre bags) will be accepted per household per month.
8am-7pm from 1 April to 30 September
8am-4pm from 1 October to 28 February
8am-5pm from 1 March to 31 March
HWRCs are open seven days a week all year round, excluding 25 and 26 December and 1 January