The West End Centre regularly exhibits a wide range of work. Entrance is free to all exhibitions and private views.
Iconostasis – an exhibition of new paintings and prints by Rob Green
Mon 9 Sept – Fri 27 Sept (Private View: Mon 9 Sept)
Echoing the coded meanings of the Byzantine past, Rob Green presents his own modern iconostasis. Utilising geometric shapes and flat areas of un-modulated colour, his work explores ideas of religious order and purity.
Tue 8 Oct – Fri 25 Oct (Private View: Thu 10 Oct)
Inspired by a childhood spent at her local farm, watching milking time and encouraging the first shaky steps of new-born calves, Hampshire artist (and yoga teacher) Jane Borley creates energetic portraits of quirky cows that are full of love and personality. www.the-cowshed.co.uk
The Big Draw
Mon 28 Oct – Fri 1 Nov
Our interactive exhibition as part of the nationwide event – The Big Draw!
The Connaught School
Mon 4 Nov – Fri 8 Nov (Private View: Mon 4 Nov)
The results of our Creative Hampshire Partnerships project with glass artist Alex Hoare, who has been working with the pupils of Connaught School.
Mon 18 Nov – Wed 18 Dec (Private View: Mon 18 Nov)
Our annual exhibition open to artists of all ages working in any medium.
West End Centre Open Exhibition 2013
Monday 18 November – Wednesday 18 December
Open to artists of all ages working in any medium.
All work submitted will be shown as long as the basic requirements are adhered to
- Maximum 2 pieces per person
- Work sold during the exhibition will be subject to a 20% commission
- Work shown in previous exhibitions will not be accepted
- Film and animation is welcome
- Framed work must have mirror plates for hanging.
- Work presented in clip frames will not be accepted
- There is no restriction on sculptural work, however if the work is large or has particular requirements for display please contact the Centre prior to delivering the work.
Work to be submitted on Saturday 9 November between 10am and 6pm.
Collection Thursday 19 December between 10am and 9pm