Write a review on your visit to the Willis Museum
Tell us what you think, or if you disagree with other reviews write your own!
Whether you want to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit, or give us some tips on how we can improve it for next time, we want to hear what you think.
Please leave your name and email address. Your email address will not be published. We may contact you prior to publication, so please use a genuine email or your comments may not be published.
7 reviews so far
I visited the Recreation Exhibition by Basingstoke Art Club. It is an excellent exhibition with very varied work. Well worth seeing.
It was enjoyable.
Great site, brought back a lot of memories,are there any more pictures available,( before the destruction of the Basingstoke I knew) I was born there, married there but left before demolition started. I am trying to find any pictures that relate to Basingstoke from about 1945 to 1958
24/09/2012 09:41amSue Smith
I liked the old and new pictures as it brought back memories from my childhood and many familiar places and could see part of the Milk Bar New Street which my dad used to run for many years.
20/07/2012 12:36pmDr John Hart
Taking a look at the museum we came across Pickaxe, a spooky wax model of a street cleaner and scavenger from the early nineteenth century. This was a real person apparently, but on the wall there was what was described as a fictitious account of how Pickaxe might have come to be the person he was, via Waterloo and what have you, told as a comic strip.
What on Earth is the point of having a made-up story in a museum? Why is the Willis serving up this fantasy material? Stick to the facts Willis - and display a few more treasures from your archive!
I have visited the Museum on on 2 occasions, albeit briefly because of other commitments, .
I would like to make the following observations:-
- I like the new museum very much and will definitely plan to come back to look around properly.
- On both occassions your staff were extremely helpful & pleasant - a pleasure to talk to them.
- I will definitely recommend it to my friends.
My GGFather was a teacher at the Blue Coat School and I would have liked to copy the picture of the school across to a Word Document but I was unable to. The document printed off only included the text. All the same a very good site.
Reply from Curator
We have more information and photographs on Basingstoke's Blue Coat School. We can send you copies if contact us with your details.
Review Ref. 317702
- Give the reasons you liked or didn't enjoy your visit.
- Even if your review is negative, you should not use strong or non-family-friendly language.
- We reserve the right to edit or withhold from publication any reviews which we consider inappropriate.
- Please don't post multiple reviews.
- Reviews can take up to 5 working days to be posted.
- If you are under 16, please ask your parent/guardian before you submit a review.
- You should not post reviews if you are associated with this venue.