At times of severe weather please check weather and travel reports on the BBC and other media.
BBC Solent radio has traffic and public transport updates for all of Hampshire on 96.1 FM, 103.8 FM, 999 AM, DAB digital radio and online.
- BBC Hampshire roads and travel information including traffic cameras and incident updates
- Romanse page on Twitter
- Traffic and travel information (Romanse website)
- Hampshire highways page on Twitter (for news about road salting)
Find out more
Which roads we salt and when salting happens
Salt (grit) bins
Salt bins for community use in Hampshire
Winter driving advice (external site)
Advice on safe driving in winter conditions from the Highways Agency
Winter maintenance policy
The County Council formal winter maintenance policy (part of the Highways Policy)
Printable leaflet: safe driving in winter
Roads and transport news
- Junction improvements in Bramley
- Residents vote Hampshire top county council for highways maintenance
- Half term start for Chilbolton Avenue improvements
Did you know?
- Hampshire County Council manages over 5,000 miles of roads
- 45 First Priority salting routes are directly managed by Hampshire County Council on the County road network
- The average length of each salt route is 35 miles
- Five tonnes of salt are carried by each lorry on a salting run