PaCT workforce development
Course title: Recruitment and interviewing (1 day) - £25 per person)
To equip delegates with the knowledge to ensure good practice is used in the recruitment of staff
To encourage providers to evidence their recruitment and selection policies in line with the various national standards in this area.
Links to the QCF:
The Recruitment and Selection course links to the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF) Health and Social Care Diploma level 4, Outcomes 1, 2, 3 and 4 are practised in the session.
State the key Equalities Legislation that impacts on recruitment and selection.
Examine your organisation’s policies and procedures in Recruitment and Selection practice.
Describe how a job description and person specification are used in the selection process.
Identify clear person specification criteria relevant to the job role. Explain the importance of verifying the suitability of new care staff and how this is done.
Describe and practise some interview questioning skills.
Select candidates for interviews using appropriate short listing techniques.
Describe a range of supplementary assessment methods appropriate to the job role, such as service user involvement.
Devise appropriate competency based questions to elicit evidence of candidate's attitudes, skills and knowledge.
Demonstrate the concept and use of the interview funnel.
Recognise the importance of objectivity and evidence in the selection process.
Demonstrate interviewing skills in a simulated situation.
Dates, times & venues
There are currently no dates available, if you would like to register your interest in this course, please contact Mandy Littlehales on telephone no: 01962 847250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to CQC guidance for compliance
This course relates to CQC outcome 12
People who use services:
- Are safe and their health and welfare needs are met by staff who are fit, appropriately qualified and are physically and mentally able to do their job.
This is because providers who comply with the regulations will:
- Have effective recruitment and selection procedures in place.
- Carry out relevant checks when they employ staff.
- Ensure that staff are registered with the relevant professional regulator or professional body where necessary and are allowed to work by that body.
- Refer staff who are thought to be no longer fit to work in health and adult social care, and meet the requirement for referral, to the appropriate bodies.
For further information about this course please contact Mandy Littlehales on 01962 847250 or at Mandy.Littlehales@hants.gov.uk
To book this course please download our current booking form