Councillor Martin Lyon
Register of Interests and Gifts and Hospitality
1. Register of Interests
a. Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
The County Council keeps a register of the Disclosable Pecuniary Interests declared by each Councillor in accordance with Section 29 of the Localism Act 2011. Each declaration is completed by the individual Councillor, and submitted to the County Council’s Monitoring Officer. The purpose of the Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests is to provide information on any Pecuniary Interest specified within the Regulations made under the Localism Act of the Councillor, or his or her Spouse or Partner.
b. Register of Non Pecuniary Interests
The County Council also keeps a register of Non Pecuniary Interests which individual Councillors consider appropriate in the interests of openness and transparency to register. This register is kept in accordance with the requirements of the Members’ Code of Conduct.
2. Register of Gifts and Hospitality
This register contains details of those gifts or hospitality received by Councillors which have an estimated value of at least £50. This register is kept in accordance with the requirements of the County Council’s Code of Conduct.
The offering of gifts or hospitality is a rare occurrence, however examples of the types of gifts or hospitality which may be offered to Councillors could include:
- Specific hospitality provided by another Public Authority.
- Tickets for sporting, cultural and entertainment events which are sponsored or promoted by the County Council or bodies to which the Councillor has been appointed to by the County Council, where the tickets are offered in relation to that sponsorship or promotion.
- Souvenirs and gifts from other Public Bodies intended as personal gifts, for example arising from twin-town and other Civic events.
- Attendance at functions where the Councillor represents the County Council, for example where the Councillor is invited to speak, or to functions where groups of Councillors attend by virtue of their elected position.
If you have a comment or query regarding any of this information please contact us using our Open Data Enquiry form
UK Independence Party
Bishopstoke and Fair Oak
2013 Election Result for Bishopstoke and Fair Oak
Date First Elected: 02/05/2013