Could you be our new Youth Voice representative?
Are you determined, self motivated, reliable, good at listening and committed to making changes for young people? Would you like to represent young people in Hampshire? If so, why not become a Youth Voice Representative for Hampshire County Council?
We are looking to recruit two young people - a male and a female - to act as Youth Voice Representatives. The role is all about being able to interact with young people in Hampshire and allow them to engage with active participation to shape services, as well as improve the coordination between young people and the decisions that are made by the County Council.
To apply for the role, you will need to be 16 to 21 years old, or up to 25 with special needs, and a school leaver. You will have current or previous experience as a representative for young people in Hampshire.
We would like to use your experiences of the democratic system to shape better outcomes for other children and young people in Hampshire by:
- attending the County Council’s Select Committee meetings and Health and Wellbeing Board
- organising consultations
- meeting regularly with the County Council’s Elected Members and young people
- promoting equality for all children and young people
- developing a communications strategy, which includes updating the YouthTube website with blogs, surveys, documents and other relevant information to young people
- reading required documents and summarising them appropriately for young people to read and respond to
- liaising and working closely with the Hampshire Members of Youth Parliament, including advocating their roles and advertising elections.
The position is voluntary for one year, starting in April 2014. You will be able to work around any other commitments such as work, college, university and family. We will pay your travel expenses and provide a rail warrant so you can get where you need to be.
As you will be representing Hampshire’s Children’s Services Department, it is important that a good standard of behaviour is maintained in the working environment. This includes being tolerant towards everybody and not discriminating against anyone.
To request an application pack:
- Email your name, address and contact number to email@example.com or call 01962 845877
- Deadline is Friday 28 February
- Interviews will take place in March in Winchester