About the Adult Services Department
Adult Services: Life opportunities for all
To support the development of thriving communities in which all people have real life opportunities, to make their own choices and contribute to their communities.
With details of Adult Services teams
The report Adult Social Care 2011–2013: Holding ourselves to account
Procedures which define agreed staff action in carrying out departmental activities and responsibilities
Equality Impact Assessments
For checking strategies, policies, projects and decisions, to ensure that they are easily accessible.
We will achieve our vision by:
- focusing on delivering the best possible outcomes for Hampshire residents, and the most vulnerable members of the community
- learning from communities, valuing their diversity and ensuring equality of access to services
- providing strong and effective leadership for staff, ensuring they are equipped with the appropriate tools to undertake their work
- being accountable to the community through our elected members
- delivering our services within the corporate framework of the County Council
- working in partnership with internal and external partners in order to achieve best outcomes
- regularly reviewing and improving our performance, ensuring that we are open, transparent and honest in all that we do
It’s essential that we keep accurate details about the work we do and the people we deal with. This helps us provide as efficient a service as possible, ensures we comply with the law, and, very importantly, means we can be held accountable for what we do.
For more information on Data Protection see the Hampshire County Council Data Protection information pages
What am I entitled to?
The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.
For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.
Try our online self assessment