Sensory Loss Team - Deaf services for BSL users
The Deaf Services team are a specialist team of social workers and care managers with Sign language skills. The team works with Deaf people who use British Sign Language (BSL), and are 18 and over, in Hampshire.
This includes Deaf sign language users with other disabilities such as Learning/ Physical Disabilities, Mental Health problems, Alcohol/ Drug misuse, Deaf Blind people who use BSL and Deaf people who are vulnerable.
What we can do
- assess your care and support needs
- help you to find ways to solve your care and support needs
- provide some support / care services
- provide some equipment
- authorise rail cards and provide disability registration cards
- give you information about other agencies working with Deaf people
- give you details of where to find BSL /English Interpreters
We can also provide information and support to other professionals working with Deaf people with additional disabilities
We also work with Deaf Children in Transition.
Capital House, 48-52 Andover Road, Winchester, SO23 7BH
Tel/Minicom 01962 846601
Fax 01962 814607
SMS 0779787 7012