There's never been a better time

Sight or hearing problems

If noticing a problem for the first time you should contact you local GP.

Are you having problems with:

  • seeing the television clearly
  • hearing what people say
What you can do Who can help?
Arrange for:
  • an eyesight test
  • a hearing test

You should contact your General Practitioner.

NHS Direct provides confidential health advice and information around the clock.

See the Hantsweb pages on Sensory loss or British sign language users

For further information you could try the organisations listed under Contact numbers

Message in a bottle

message in a bottle

Message in a bottle encourages people living on their own to keep their basic personal and medical details in a small plastic bottle in the fridge.

If the emergency services are called to your home, they can quickly find vital information about your health. Bottles are funded by local Lions Clubs and are free to users. Ask your local GP surgery or pharmacy for details.

hearing aid

Contact numbers

Sensory Loss team

  • Tel: 0300 555 1386
    and HCC (Adult Services) will take your details to pass on to the relevant team

Hearing Loss

Sight Loss