Living with disabilities and long term conditions

Helping me to

  • transition

    Follow the transition process

    Transition happens when young people ages 14 – 25 with disabilities and complex needs, move from children’s to adult services in Social Care, Health Care and Education.


  • register with a learning disability

    Register as disabled

    If you have a learning disability you can ask for an assessment to decide whether you can be registered as disabled with Adult Services.



Search Care choice

advanced search | search help

What am I entitled to?

The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.

For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.

Try our online self assessment