Signposts - Work opportunities and supported employment service
Signposts is a supported employment service. We specialise in supporting people with disabilities to find employment and employers to provide work opportunities for those people.
Our aim is to support people with disabilities to:
- look for
- apply for
- settle in to
- and work in a job that is right for them
We will also help people with disabilities access accredited and vocational training
Help for both employees and employers
How do I get help looking for work?
You will need to show that you:
- are 18 years old or over
- already get help from Hampshire County Council Adult Service and have a physical or learning disability living in the southern part of Hampshire
- have an understanding of your health problems or disability
- need employment related help
- are prepared to work towards a minimum of 4 hours voluntary work per week
- are keen to reach and achieve goals
There are 3 ways in which you can access our services:
- contact Hampshire County Council
- contact Adult Services Day Service Officer/Keyworker within specific districts of West Hampshire
- or by paying for the service yourself contact Signposts on 02380 260616.
You and your Signposts employment advisors
You will meet with a Signposts employment advisor who will talk to you about the sort of work you are looking for and make sure that Signposts is the right service for you. Your personal employment advisor will spend time with you and other people important to you, to find out about:
- your interests, skills and support needs - from this we will support you to plan a pathway of action to help you find a job
- your pathway plan - if this is to build and develop your skills and confidence we can organise an appropriate work related training programme
- the type of work you want - if you are unsure Signposts can arrange tasters in different work places to help you decide
Once you are ready to apply for work your employment advisor can support you in the job search, with applications and interviews and once you start work we can work closely with you and your employer to help you settle in.
STAR4Locals (S4L) Co-operative was established to champion the STAR quality of people most disadvantaged in the employment market and enable them to develop independent locally based businesses in their community
These enterprises offer a variety of opportunities for engaging in learning within a working environment. They include accredited and in-house training, work experience together with pathways to voluntary, paid and self-employment.
For more information see the S4L website
Are you an employer?
Signposts is a free supported employment service for employers. We specialise in supporting employers to provide work opportunities for people with disabilities.
- a source of capable, dependable employees
- initial and ongoing support
- information on disability issues and awareness
- training for staff if needed
The people that Signposts recommend
Any person that we may introduce to you is likely to be highly motivated, reliable, keen to learn new skills at the same time as developing their existing ones. We look for jobs to match to individuals.
In discussion with employers we have initiated working interviews as an option for their interviewing process. This has proved very successful for employers and jobseekers alike.
What am I entitled to?
The local authority is here to help everyone understand their needs and, if required, provide an assessment.
For more information about what help you are entitled to, please see the Who can get help from Adult Services web pages.
Try our online self assessment
Telephone: 02380 260616