What should I do if I suspect abuse?
Don't assume that someone else is doing something about it. Tell someone!
To report abuse telephone:
Hampshire Adult Services on 0845 603 5630 or the police on 101
In an emergency and if it is suspected someone is in immediate danger, 999 should always be called.
If appropriate, you could contact the following organisations that can give confidential advice and support
For older people
For people with a learning disability
What will happen once I raise concerns about abuse?
If you contact Adult Services because you suspect that a vulnerable adult is being abused or you are being abused yourself:
- your report of abuse will be taken seriously
- your report will be looked into fully and fairly
- you can get help and support
Adult Services will work closely with other organisations and the person affected to find out as much as possible about what has happened. We will do a number of things which might include:
- talking to you and other people involved to find out what has happened
- planning what to do to safeguard the person being abused
- supporting the person and their carers through the process
- being available to offer support in the future