Your search found 16 care homesA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
|East Cosham House||023 9232 1805||PORTSMOUTH||PO6 2JD||without Nursing||0|
|East Hill House||01730 895170||LISS||GU33 7RR||without Nursing||4|
|Easterlea Rest Home||023 9226 2551||WATERLOOVILLE||PO7 6QG||without Nursing||2|
|Eastfield Nursing Home||01730 892268||LISS||GU33 7PS||offering both types of care||1|
|Edenvale Nursing Home||023 9225 9786||Waterlooville||PO8 8TR||with Nursing||1|
|Edinburgh House||023 9237 9580||PORTSMOUTH||PO6 3JL||without Nursing||0|
|Edwina Mountbatten House||01794 518317||ROMSEY||SO51 8GH||without Nursing||0|
|Elingfield House||023 8066 3363||SOUTHAMPTON||SO40 9HN||without Nursing||2|
|Elizabeth House||023 9273 3044||SOUTHSEA||PO4 0PP||without Nursing||1|
|Elizabeth Lodge Rest Home||023 9258 0802||GOSPORT||PO12 2EJ||without Nursing||4|
|Emsworth House||01243 386300||EMSWORTH||PO10 7JR||offering both types of care||4|
|Enbridge House Care Home||01256 254 888||NEWBURY||RG20 9XQ||without Nursing||0|
|Engleburn Residential Home||01425 610865||NEW MILTON||BH25 5PN||without Nursing||3|
|ENHAM - Elizabeth House||01264 345827||ANDOVER||SP11 6JS||without Nursing||0|
|ENHAM - Michael House||01264 345840||ANDOVER||SP11 6JA||without Nursing||0|
|ENHAM - William House||01264 345835||ANDOVER||SP11 6HH||offering both types of care||0|
- Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
- Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
- Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
- There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.
If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.
The registration certificate for a care home specifies which categories of people they intend to care for. Within care categories, some homes have age limits for the people they take of.
- DE - people with dementia
- LD - people with learning disabilities
- MD - people with mental illness
- OP - people who need care because of old age
- PD - people with physical disabilities
- SI - people with sensory impairment
- A - people with past or present alcohol dependence
- D - people with past or present drug dependence