Your search found 11 care homesA | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
|Kenton House Nursing Home||01428 713634||BORDON||GU35 8NL||with Nursing||0|
|Kents Oak Care Homes Ltd||01794 341212||ROMSEY||SO51 0HH||without Nursing||2|
|Kilmory||0800 3286091||BORDON||GU35 8EQ||without Nursing||0|
|Kiln Lodge||01329 233808||FAREHAM||PO16 7UG||without Nursing||1|
|Kingfishers||01425 626700||NEW MILTON||BH25 7FJ||with Nursing||0|
|Kinoo Lodge||023 9261 4219||PORTSMOUTH||PO2 9BH||without Nursing||0|
|Kinross Rest Home||023 9232 5806||PORTSMOUTH||PO6 1EE||without Nursing||1|
|Kirtling House||01962 862580||WINCHESTER||SO23 9SL||without Nursing||0|
|Kitnocks House||01489 798244||SOUTHAMPTON||SO32 2HG||with Nursing||0|
|Knellwood||01252 542169||FARNBOROUGH||GU14 6QN||offering both types of care||0|
|Knights' Grove Nursing Home||023 8074 1342||SOUTHAMPTON||SO52 9EW||with Nursing||2|
- Care homes without nursing (or residential homes) offer the level of personal care, such as bathing and dressing that a competent, caring relative might provide and, when necessary, may ask a community nurse to visit
- Care homes with nursing (or nursing homes) must employ qualified nursing staff and ensure that there is adequate cover 24 hours a day. A homes registration certificate shows details of specialist care they offer.
- Some care homes offer both residential and nursing care and these take residents whether or not they need nursing care. These homes may be more suitable for couples where only one partner requires nursing
- There are also a number of residential homes and hostels for people with learning disabilities.
If you like the idea of living in a family home with very few other residents, you may be interested in the Shared lives scheme which is provided by carers (individuals and families) across Hampshire, who want to offer a vulnerable person a short break, day care or long term care, in the carer’s own home.
The registration certificate for a care home specifies which categories of people they intend to care for. Within care categories, some homes have age limits for the people they take of.
- DE - people with dementia
- LD - people with learning disabilities
- MD - people with mental illness
- OP - people who need care because of old age
- PD - people with physical disabilities
- SI - people with sensory impairment
- A - people with past or present alcohol dependence
- D - people with past or present drug dependence