Extra Care for developers, providers and partners
A Framework is being established to enable the end-to-end commissioning of extra care as a single process, including the design; build; management; and, where specified, the delivery of care and support for a period of up to three years.
To find out more about this opportunity, please visit:
the InTend web site - from tools in the menu, select current and when the page has loaded type Extra Care into the left hand search box
If you are interested in being involved in our framework of extra care providers and are looking to find potential partners, you can find contact details for people who attended our two Extra Care Provider briefing days in February and October of 2012.
- Attendance list of the Extra Care Provider Event 14 Feb 2012 96 kB
- Attendance list of the Extra Care Provider Event 18 Oct 2012 21 kB
Provider briefing days
If you were unable to attend our provider briefing days, or are looking for the information given during these events, you can download the presentations below.
- Extra Care Provider Briefing 14th February 2012 25 MB
- Extra Care Provider Briefing 18 October 2012 9 MB
The documents below give some idea of the need for extra care in Hampshire
- Levels of over 75 population across Hampshire 3 MB which can be an indication of the overall need for extra care in an area
- Locations of Delivered Care 2 MB which shows the locations of domiciliary and residential care across the county
The design of Extra Care housing is very important both to the residents, and to the future success of any scheme. The Hampshire County Councils Extra Care Design guide sets out some of the principles and best practice that should be considered when developing a new scheme for Hampshire.
Methods of delivery
Hampshire County Council plans to help stimulate the next phase of Extra Care housing provision through four different delivery methods. These are:
- The Hampshire County Council Partnership Framework for the Development, Delivery & Operation of Extra Care Housing which is currently out to tender
- Opportunities for grant funding
- Local Government Act sales and
- Joint Local Government Act sales.
Opportunities will be advertised at future dates, but for more information about the delivery of Extra Care please contact Peter.Rush@hants.gov.uk