The Village Agent Programme
Village Agents are volunteers who have been trained to work in the rural community they live to help older residents access advice and support services.
Check the map for your nearest Village Agent
Watch YouTube video regarding the North Hampshire Integrated Care Team
Support from Village Agents
Village Agents can help with advice on:
- getting out and about - transport for shopping, organised trips, medical appointments, local activities and events. Finding information on Blue Badge parking and concessionary travel.
- help around the Home - for FREE Home Fire Safety visits, gardening, maintenance, finding reputable trades people, care options, and how to use a computer.
- Money Matters - your entitlement to claim benefits and how to get debt advice
There are now 34 Village Agents operating in 33 areas across the county. Age Concern Hampshire are actively recruiting volunteers in the New Forest.
Contact a Village AgentContact the Village Agent Coordinator to:
- find out more
- get contact details for your nearest agent
- enquire about becoming a Village Agent The right person will be a known and trusted face from the local community. The Village Agent will be a ‘signposting’ service for older people who prefer face-to-face contact. Volunteers will be prepared to offer between 4 to 6 hours a week. They will be highly trained to provide high quality information about voluntary and statutory services that are available to those people who may prefer the personal contact rather than telephone or use the internet.
Hart Church Crookham
Basingstoke & Deane Highclere
New Forest Copythorne, Harbridge, Milford on Seas
Tel: 0800 328 7154 or
The Village Agent project is funded by Hampshire County Council.
Ageing well in Hampshire – Tell us what you think!
Take part in the online listening exercise or download the questionnaire
Closing date: 2 December 2013