Hampshire Cultural Trust

Corunna Barrack

Date of construction 1895
Date of demolition 1960s

The Battle of Corunna was one of Wellington's victoriesduring the Peninsula War in Central Spain on 16th January 1809. These barracks were designed to accommodate a battalion of infantry and were built to replace the old hutted encampment of South Camp, which dated from the mid 1850s.

Site now occupied by Montgomery Lines.

Photo: Corunna Barracks c1905

 
Corunna Barracks