Apply for a Blue Badge
Before you apply you will need the following:
- Incomplete applications will be sent back to you for completion. We are doing this so we can process your application more efficiently
- Your personal information including national insurance or child registration number.
- Any evidence of qualification for a Blue Badge as detailed in the eligibility criteria.
- A photocopy of one of the following: passport, driving licence, birth certificate, marriage/divorce certificate, civil partnership/dissolution certificate as proof of your identity.
- A photocopy of a recent bill (e.g. gas, electricity, phone, council tax) with your name and address showing, as proof of your address.
- A colour passport style photograph taken in the last 3 years. It must be against a plain, pale background and show your head and shoulders facing the camera.
- A cheque or postal order for the correct fee.
If we are able to process your application immediately based on the information you have given us you will receive your badge within 4 weeks of us receiving your application or, if you applied early you will receive it 2 weeks before your current badge's expiry date.
If you receive your new badge before the current badge's expiry date, it is only valid from the start date appearing on the badge.
If your mobility problem is intermittent i.e. you have good and bad days, then please describe your average day when filling out the application.
- Or phone 0845 603 5633 for details of how to apply
- Fee: £10
- Eligibility due to a terminal illness
- An organisational Blue Badge can be issued to certain organisations for use in a motor vehicle (or vehicles) when that vehicle (or vehicles) is to be used to transport disabled people who would qualify for a Blue Badge in their own right;
- Organisations who may apply for a badge must care for, and transport disabled people who themselves qualify for an individual badge;
- Have a clear need for an organisational badge rather than using the individual Blue Badges of the people it is transporting;
- Fee: £10
Replacement badge form 69 kB
- Please return faded badges with your application
- Stolen badges should be reported to the police
- Fee: £4.60
Contact the Blue Badge Unit
Blue Badge and Concessionary Travel
PO Box 696
Phone: 0845 603 5633
Making an appeal
If you would like to request a review because your application has been refused please contact the Blue Badge Unit.