Village Shops Grant Scheme
Latest news October 2012 - Additional grant funding for village shops
Hampshire County Council has made additional grant funding available for village shops which have not already received funding from this scheme.
Grants of up to £20,000 are available to any village shop provided that it is the only shop of its kind (general provisions etc) in the village.
- Grants are available to community shops and privately owned businesses.
- Match funding is not required, although it is always very welcome.
- Grants are also available where there is no existing shop but there is sufficient demand to create one in an existing building such as a pub, or in a new building.
- Grants paid must be committed by the end of March 2013.
The purpose of the grant funding scheme is to to provide better services locally for rural people and to improve access to essential services not available locally. Its focus is on helping increase the use of Village Shops, particularly those that are losing their Post Offices, and/or support the creation of new community-led village stores.
If you think that your village shop could benefit from the scheme, in the first instance please contact Anne Harrison at the County Council:
- Tel: 01962 846558
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch a short video about six shops and how they used their grantsGet the Flash Player to see this player.
If you would like to request some training or to meet with staff from another shopemail: email@example.com
phone: 01962 846558
Recipients of a Village Community Shop Grant
- Case Studies of the twenty-three shops that have received a Village Community Shop Grant