Field Studies Courses
A team of specialist tutors, work in the Field Studies Department, providing courses in Geography, Science, Ecology, History and Environmental Studies at Key Stages 1 - 5. All our courses are designed to meet and extend National Curriculum and Examination specification requirements via the use of experiential, enquiry based field learning.
- Specialist Geography and Biological Science courses at both GCSE and AS/A2 level
- Cross Curricular courses for Key Stage 3, combining geography, science, history and environmental studies with adventurous activities and team building in combination with the Landsports department
- Residential Field Studies and Adventurous Activity courses for Key Stage 2.
- Day visits for Key Stage 1 which focus on exploratory learning.
All courses are fully tutored and designed in close collaboration with school staff to ensure maximum benefit and enjoyment for visiting pupils and staff. We are also very happy to create new and specialised pieces of work to fit any curriculum requirement.
Specialist equipment and facilities
- Each room is equipped with AV facilities, a range of flexible classroom and laboratory furniture and sinks
- A drying room, waterproof room and areas for staff and students to relax
- A 32 foot 'trawler'
- Specialist field data collection and monitoring equipment
- A trolley of sixteen Dell Latitude Laptops, digital cameras, and a range of DTP, multimedia and spreadsheet software