Plan your childcare training
Consider the following points when selecting training
- What training do you need to be able to do your job effectively?
- What is your preferred way of learning? You may like to attend a course with others, or study using a flexible approach (for example distance learning or on the internet).
How to apply for a course
Contact the training provider for further information and advice and check that the course times and details are suitable for you.
- Use our College Courses guide to find college contact details - click on the college name and you will be taken to their website.
- Discuss and approve your request with your setting manager/supervisor.
- Check that your setting is a member of the SfYC Subscription Scheme. If they are not then your bursary application will not be approved.
- Apply to the training provider for a place on the course.
- Complete the online Bursary Application Form OR print a blank bursary application form to fill out and send the completed form to SfYC.
When you receive your confirmation slip from SfYC take it to the training provider and obtain a receipt as proof that you have handed it in. The training provider will then invoice SfYC.
What do I do next?
Need any help?
- Call the SfYC training team on 01962 847070
- See our useful training contacts