Special Educational Needs (SEN) courses
SfYC has an excellent range of short term courses designed to help you meet the specific needs of the children you are working with. We work with partner agencies to offer courses in speech and language development, inclusion and meeting physical and sensory needs.
In addition to the courses mentioned here our own Area Inclusion Co-ordinators provide SEN training courses as well as advice and support on an individual basis. Should your SEN needs not be met by the courses detailed below please see the SfYC Local Offices section for your Area Inclusion Co-ordinator contact details.
- Inclusion for All
- SENCo Induction
- Vision and Hearing impaired training
- Thomas training
- Speech and Language workshops
- Portage Initial Training (formerly Popeye)
- Critical Incident Training (Including Loss and Bereavement)
- Positive Approaches to Challenging Behaviour
- Nursery Narratives Training
- Let's Share the Care! Together with Parents
- Attachment Training
- Makaton taster sessions