You are hereHantsweb HomeChildren's ServicesContact Children's Services

Children's Services

Contacting the Children’s Services Department in Hampshire

Children's services are provided by the local authority for the area in which a family lives.

Please find details of how to contact us below.

You can also submit online comments, suggestions, enquiries or information requests through our online enquiry form.




Children's Services

  • reporting concerns for child welfare
  • general education enquiries
  • finding childcare
  • sources of help and support
  • fostering
  • adoption
  • children with special needs
  • general children related enquiries

0845 603 5620*

Please note: Emails are dealt with during normal office hours Monday to Friday. At other times please telephone 0845 603 5620 *.

Further information regarding Child Protection

Out of hours contact telephone number for Children's Services

0845 600 4555*

Please note - in an emergency call 999

School Admissions

  • information about applying to attend Hampshire schools.

0845 603 5623*

Youth Support Services

  • Things to do, places to go, people to talk to
  • Information, advice and guidance
  • Getting involved and volunteering
  • Targeted support

0845 603 5621*

* Hampshire County Council call charges:

Calls to 0845 numbers are free on some BT call plans but will cost between 4p (local rate) and 6p (national rate) per minute for BT customers not on a plan. Calls made using other service providers or mobiles may cost more. Alternatively call 01329 225398 for non-social care lines and 01329 225 380 for social care lines – standard and local rates may apply to this number.

Children's Services phone lines:

Non-social care lines

Opening hours 8am – 8pm, Mon – Fri. 9.30am – 4pm, Sat.

Social care lines

Opening hours 8.30am – 5pm, Mon – Thurs. 8.30am – 4.30pm Fri.


Children's Services Department, Hampshire County Council, Elizabeth II Court West, The Castle, WINCHESTER, SO23 8UG.

Tel: 01962 841841 -

Use this number if you have a named person you would like to contact in Children’s Services.


If your child attends a Hampshire school but you live outside Hampshire, you should: