Corporate Strategy of Hampshire County Council
Welcome to Hampshire County Council's Corporate Strategy webpages. The pages are intended to inform the public, staff, Members, partner organisations, inspectorates and central government and aim to do two main things.
- Set out the Council's priorities to address the needs and aspirations of Hampshire's residents
- Provide a report of the Council's overall performance and future plans.
Hampshire County Council is a top performing authority, given the highest possible scoring of 'performing excellently', through the CAA process by government. Our ambition is to continually improve our performance in the interests of the communities we serve.
Looking after Hampshire, our job is to ensure the county is safe and secure and to work towards enhancing the County's quality of place. Looking out for our residents, we want to work with them to ensure they feel safe and secure and to maximise their wellbeing. Our aim is to lead and work in partnership with other organisations to remove barriers and improve choices whilst encouraging people to make their own decisions on the way they access services.
Our priorities are:
- Hampshire safer and more secure for all - This is our overarching priority and is about developing and supporting stronger, safer communities for all by protecting vulnerable people, maximizing safety in the places we live, helping young people to live positive lives and helping diverse communities to feel secure.
- Maximising wellbeing - This priority is about maintaining and improving quality of life and ensuring everyone has the opportunity to support themselves, be active in their community and have access to the services they need, whilst knowing that should things go wrong, we are there to support them.
- Enhancing our quality of place - This priority is all about making the county a good place to be by protecting local distinctiveness and diversity, ensuring excellent facilities, respecting Hampshire’s heritage and planning proactively for the future.
These three priorities reflect the political vision and direction of our publicly elected councillors and give a clear statement of the focus of our work as a local authority.
The way in which we aim to work is encompassed in "Open for Business 312kb" - Hampshire County Council's Performance Management Framework.