- Use of pupil interpreters and Our Scheme
- Valuing second language
- Advanced EAL learners including Language in the Curriculum course (LinC) for years 9 - 11
- Using drama in school to tackle prejudice
- Home-school links - One of our specialist teachers working in a Hampshire school discusses the use of home-school journals as an approach to creating a link with the parent of a newly-arrived pupil in the article: Home-School Journals: more work - or the solution to a problem?
- Transition between Primary and Secondary school - "Bridging the gap between Primary and Secondary - what does it mean for our bilingual and ethnic minority pupils?" - a report by one of our specialist teachers
Examples of good practice in schools and colleges in Hampshire:
- PowerPoint by Arnewood School 2mb
- Posters (below) celebrating cultural diversity at St Mary' School, Old Basing.