Training and meeting opportunities
There are a range of training and meeting opportunities available to support you in your Healthy Schools work.
Core Training opportunities
The support package offered to schools now reflects the fact that there is no central government funding, and whilst we are not able to provide free training and visits to schools (in general) we will be able to provide support through:
- management partnerships
- network meetings
- cluster support training
- health and well-being forums
- PDL Newsletter
- the HPDW website includes PDL, healthy schools, teenage pregnancy and substance misuse (www.hants.gov.uk/hpdw)
- training opportunities through Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College (HTLC)
- locally organised training and INSET
- targeted support from a range of agencies in the case of identified schools/clusters
- local and County celebration.
Additional training opportunities
To book a place on any of the courses listed, unless otherwise indicated, contact the HTLC by e-mailing Audrey Whiting. Please note, however, that an administration fee will be charged to schools where booked places are not attended.
You will also find on the HTLC website, details of the Back to Basics with Healthy Schools course which is aimed as schools that are new to the process or where the Healthy Schools Manager’s role has been reassigned to another member of staff.
Healthy Schools Network Meetings
Network meetings run four to six times a term across the county. They offer a perfect opportunity to have access to up-to-date information and training. Additionally, Healthy Schools managers can 'buddy up' with each other, which is an excellent way of accessing continuous support and sharing good practice. Members of the HIAS Healthy Schools team are also available to offer support and guidance.
PDL and Healthy Schools Network Meeting dates
Spring Term 2013 (4.00pm – 5.30 pm unless otherwise stated)
To be confirmed.
To book a place at a network meeting, please use the faxback document.
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2013 701kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2012 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2012 638kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Spring Term 2012 814kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2011 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2011 990kb
- Exercise: Analysing what makes a good outcome 52kb
- SEAL library resources for schools 68kb