Training and meeting opportunities
There are a range of training and meeting opportunities available to support you in your Healthy Schools work.
Core Training opportunities
The support package offered to schools now reflects the fact that there is no central government funding, and whilst we are not able to provide free training and visits to schools (in general) we will be able to provide support through:
- management partnerships
- network meetings
- cluster support training
- health and well-being forums
- PDL Newsletter
- the HPDW website includes PDL, healthy schools, teenage pregnancy and substance misuse (www.hants.gov.uk/hpdw)
- training opportunities through Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College (HTLC)
- locally organised training and INSET
- targeted support from a range of agencies in the case of identified schools/clusters
- local and County celebration.
Additional training opportunities
One day Back to Basics with Healthy Schools courses are held twice a year. Use the above link and search on the course title to find the dates and details of forthcoming courses. In case of difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthy Schools Network Meetings
Network meetings run four to six times a term across the county. They offer a perfect opportunity to have access to up-to-date information and training. Additionally, Healthy Schools managers can 'buddy up' with each other, which is an excellent way of accessing continuous support and sharing good practice. Members of the HIAS Healthy Schools team are also available to offer support and guidance.
PDL and Healthy Schools Network Meeting dates
Summer Term 2014 (4.00pm – 5.30 pm unless otherwise stated)
- Tuesday 10 June – The Globe, Gomer Infant School, Pyrford Close, Gosport PO12 2RP
- Tuesday 10 June – St Bede’s Catholic Primary School, Popley Way, Basingstoke RG24 9DX
- Thursday 12 June – Abbotswood Junior School, Totton SO4O 8EB
- Tuesday 17 June – Hampshire Room, Falcon House, Monarch Way, Winchester SO22 5PW
To book a place at a network meeting, please use the faxback document.
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2013 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2013 701kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Spring Term 2013
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2012 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2012 638kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Spring Term 2012 814kb