Training and meeting opportunities
There are a range of training and meeting opportunities available to support you in your Healthy Schools work.
Core Training opportunities
The support package offered to schools now reflects the fact that there is no central government funding, and whilst we are not able to provide free training and visits to schools (in general) we will be able to provide support through:
- management partnerships
- network meetings
- cluster support training
- health and well-being forums
- PDL Newsletter
- the HPDW website includes PDL, healthy schools, teenage pregnancy and substance misuse (www.hants.gov.uk/hpdw)
- training opportunities through Hampshire Teaching and Leadership College (HTLC)
- locally organised training and INSET
- targeted support from a range of agencies in the case of identified schools/clusters
- local and County celebration.
Additional training opportunities
One day Back to Basics with Healthy Schools courses are held twice a year. Use the above link and search on the course title to find the dates and details of forthcoming courses. In case of difficulties, contact email@example.com.
Healthy Schools Network Meetings
Network meetings run four to six times a term across the county. They offer a perfect opportunity to have access to up-to-date information and training. Additionally, Healthy Schools managers can 'buddy up' with each other, which is an excellent way of accessing continuous support and sharing good practice. Members of the HIAS Healthy Schools team are also available to offer support and guidance.
The focus of these meetings will be:
the link between pupil health and attainment (Public Health England)
the new whole school healthy eating policy template – what it means for your school
access to National Child Measurement Programme data for your school
PDL and Healthy Schools Network Meeting dates
Spring Term 2015 (4.00pm – 5.30pm unless otherwise stated)
Tue 10 March – Basingstoke area
Wed 11 March – Fareham and Gosport area
Thur 12 March – Winchester area
Wed 18 March – New Forest area
In line with other HIAS network meetings, from September 2014 all network meeting places are now chargeable and must be booked through the Learning Zone. Course code: PDLC0831.
Network meetings are held each term at various locations around the County. Use the above link and search on the course code to find the dates and details of forthcoming networks. In case of difficulties, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2014
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Spring Term 2014
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2013 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2013 701kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Autumn Term 2012 2mb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Summer Term 2012 638kb
- PDL and Healthy Schools network meeting – Spring Term 2012 814kb