PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
ESAA Championships Birmingham 2014
The English Schools Analysis 350 kB
Hampshire Athletes Competing in Commonwealth Games 2014
Following on from Hampshire’s outstanding success at the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games where athletes from the county were involved with 10% of the GB medal total, the nations sporting expectation will now be drawn towards Glasgow for the 2014 Commonwealth Games beginning on the 23rd July.
On this occasion the athletes will be competing for their home nations across 17 different sports, some of which will have Paralympic events. This time Hampshire will have 26 sports men & women on show, many of whom will have been supported in their development by the Hampshire Talented Athlete Scheme operated and funded by Hampshire County Council.
We will be following their progress throughout the Games as many of the athletes continue on their journey towards World Class performance with Rio 2016 clearly in their sights.
Going the Extra Mile - Excellence in School Sport
British Heart Foundation
NEW National curriculum:
- Competition calendar 45kb
- County inclusion competition booklet 2013-2014
- What's on this decade: 2010-2020!
Commonwealth Games 2014
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)