PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
Best Practice Guidance on the Effective use of individual and agency coaches in PE and Sport
Read more 313 kB
England Women win Rugby World Cup
Hampshire Athletes Success at Glasgow Commonwealth Games
Hampshire athletes had a very successful Commonwealth Games. To find out more see below:
Dynamic Movement skills [DMS]
Looking to deliver the ‘new’ national curriculum at KS 1 & 2 or just improve teaching in PE in general? DMS is a cutting edge movement methodology for children and adults that helps develop, refine and improve gross motor skills, coordination, agility and quickness. It has been used and trialled extensively with thousands of individuals and has been integrated in to a number of professional football clubs, schools, sports and medical organisations across the UK & Europe. Read more 159 kB
ESAA Championships Birmingham 2014
Hampshire Results 350 kB
Going the Extra Mile - Excellence in School Sport
- Competition calendar 45kb
- County inclusion competition booklet 2014-2015 123 kB
- What's on this decade: 2010-2020!
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)