PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
PE and School Sport News
Hampshire PE and School Sport now on Twitter!
You can now follow us on Twitter! Follow
Free App to get your school on the Road to Rio 2016
A new free app has just launched for iOS and Android. You can also use the Get Set website if you don't have access to a mobile or tablet.
Your team can try different sports and physical activities to earn badges, using the app to keep track of their 9298km journey to Rio de Janeiro.
Revised Content for PE GCSEs and A-Levels
The Department for Education has published revised content for GCSEs in art and design, dance, music, computer science and physical education (PE) and A levels in dance, music and physical education.
Sir Clive Woodward confirmed as keynote speaker
Sir Clive Woodward will be the keynote speaker at this year's Annual Hampshire PE and School Sport Conference.
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)