PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
PE and School Sport News
Sir Clive Woodward confirmed as keynote speaker
Sir Clive Woodward will be the keynote speaker at this year's Annual Hampshire PE and School Sport Conference.
Dom Solanke named Player of the Year
Ex Brighton Hill School (Basingstoke) pupil Dom Solanke has been announced as the England Youth Player of the Year for 2014.
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)