PE and School Sport Partnership website
These pages are for Hampshire schools wishing to share and seek information, access advice or book courses.
The Partnership will build on the strengths of the former Hampshire School Sports Partnerships and include representatives from:
- Primary and Secondary Headteachers
- Subject Leaders
- School Sports Partnerships (School Games Organisers)
- Hampshire School Sports Federation
- The County Sports Partnership
- The Local Authority
- Hampshire Colleges' Sports Association (Post 16)
The role of the Partnership is to:
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of the Hampshire PE and School Sport Strategy.
- Give advice and support to the Hampshire Strategic Heads group.
- Provide,with partners, a needs-led programme of CPD courses for all teachers, including safety courses and annual conferences.
- Give support for the Hampshire School Sports Federation.
- In collaboration with the HSSF, co-ordinate the 'School Games Initiative' to create a comprehensive programme of appropriate competitions and representative pathways.
- Link to national governing bodies of sport through the County Sport Partnership.
School Sports Partnerships
In Hampshire, there are 10 School Sports Partnerships (SSPs) and one in each of the unitary authorities of Portsmouth, Southampton and the Isle of Wight. All schools across all phases are part of a SSP. These partnerships aim to improve the quantity and quality of PE and sports undertaken by young people.
25th Annual Schools' Sports Awards Evening
The annual celebration of sporting success took part on Thursday 6 November 2014 Find out more about the event.
Everybody Active, Every Day!
Public Health England (PHE) have recently published, ‘Everybody active, every day’, a framework for national and local action to address the national physical inactivity epidemic, responsible for 1 in 6 deaths and costing the country an estimated £7.4 billion a year.
To facilitate cross-sector collaboration, PHE has co-produced the framework with over 1,000 national and local leaders in physical activity and is calling for action from providers and commissioners in: health, social care, transportation, planning, education, sport and leisure, culture, the voluntary and community sector, as well as public and private employers.
View the report 1 MB
Champions League Success for Hampshire Footballer!
Dom Solanke, 17, former pupil at Brighton Hill School, Basingstoke made his senior Chelsea Debut last night at Stamford Bridge when he came on as substitute during the Champions league game against Maribor.
Primary PE Premium making a difference ...
- Competition calendar 45kb
- County inclusion competition booklet 2014-2015 123 kB
- What's on this decade: 2010-2020! 115 kB
- Hampshire School Sports Federation (including HSSF Yearbook)