Hampshire Teachers' Liaison Panel (TLP)
Did you know that as a teacher your union represents you and your views on the Hampshire TLP?
The Hampshire TLP represents teachers' interests in consultation and negotiation with the Local Authority and is, as a body, elected from the six recognised teacher unions (ATL, ASCL, NAHT, NASUWT, NUT and VOICE). It consists of 17 teachers/headteachers and an elected chair and secretary.
Hampshire fund facility time to allow TLP members to discharge their responsibilities and the body meets each half term to discuss developments and issues, and twice in the year meets with the County’s Children's Services senior management team. It also elects representatives to other Hampshire groups:
- Conditions of Service Working Party – which negotiates with Education Personnel Services, and consists of the six county secretaries and chair/secretary.
- Curriculum Assessment and Pedagogy Group – which discusses inspector/adviser/curriculum development work.
- Members advisory panel for education – which meets the county councillors.
- Schools Forum – a decision making body for school funding/budgets.
- Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education – religious education body.
- Health and Safety – supports representatives and negotiates advice.
- Hampshire Unions and Associations Group/Joint Consultative Group (HUAG/JCG) – which meets and negotiates with all unions (Unison, Unite, GMB, etc.) that work in Hampshire.
- Local Briefing Groups – area meetings to discuss particular school situations.
- Meetings with Executive Members – prior to their decision making days.
- Children's Services Consultation Group – meets with children's services managers and the non-teaching unions.
- Individual Casework – supports a network of caseworkers that help individual teachers.
Hampshire Teachers' Liaison Panel
Secretary: Liz Muir
Tel: 077691 43024
or 01256 704543