Small Area Population Forecasts (SAPF)
2012-based SAPF now available.
Hampshire County Council produces The Small Area Population Forecasts (SAPF)
The data provides estimates of the population and the number of dwellings for a variety of geographies, including districts, parishes and wards for all of Hampshire (as well as the Unitary Authorities of Portsmouth and Southampton). It also breaks the district level data down by the 2004 Urban and Rural Classification.
If you want to find out what district, parish or ward your postcode is in please enter it into our postcode to higher geography lookup.(Excel Document)
The population figures are broken down by age and gender and are forecast from 2012-2019.
The results are summarised in the accompanying Demographic Profile of Hampshire report.
There is a technical note explaining the methodology for the forecasts 32 kB.
To ensure SAPF meets your data needs, please take a look at the How to use Forecasts, Estimates and Projections page.
Users should be aware that in the current economic climate forecasting future dwelling supply has been particularly difficult. The figures are the best projections available as at April 1st 2012 on a site by site basis taking account of the current market conditions.
Following work with Southampton City Council an alternative set of SAPF forecasts have been produced. They are based on slightly different assumptions making use of updated information and work carried out by the city. The alternative set can be found at the bottom of this webpage. For more details please see the methodology note.
The methodology of the Small Area Population Forecasts (SAPF) is different to that used for the Long Term Projections; as such, the two sets of figures are not directly comparable.
Formatting constraints mean that we can only produce the forecasts in Excel spreadsheet format. If you need help or if your computer cannot open spreadsheets in this format then please contact us.
2012 based files now available!The dwellings data is now available in a separate file.Hampshire and District Data:
- District population totals 21 kB
- District populations by age 49 kB
- District populations by age and gender 80 kB
- District dwellings 14 kB
- District populations by 2004 Urban and Rural Classification by age 101 kB
- District populations by 2004 Urban and Rural Classification by age and gender 188 kB
- District dwellings by 2004 Urban and Rural Classification 20 kB
- Hampshire part of the New Forest National Park by age 23 kB
- Hampshire part of the New Forest National Park by age and gender 25 kB
- District populations by age 24 kB
- District populations by age and gender 26 kB
- Ward populations by age 59 kB
- Ward populations by age and gender 97 kB
- LSOA populations by age 371 kB
- LSOA populations by age and gender 5 MB
- MSOA populations by age 128 kB
- MSOA populations by age and gender 173 kB