Film Hampshire is the official film office for the county and our role is to promote Hampshire as a great film location, as well as providing film makers with a valuable free location finding service. We have 400 locations listed on our database, covering everything from country houses to parks, forests and beaches. There is also an A-Z list of local film related companies on our Film Services page.
Why film in Hampshire?
- Located approximately 75 miles from London
- 400 film locations
- Excellent transport links
- Coastal county
- Unique locations including two National Parks, Ministry of Defence sites, steam trains and a steam ship
- Historical landmarks include: King Arthur's Round Table, HMS Victory, the Mary Rose and Jane Austen's House Museum.
- Home of Black Hangar and Banshee Studios
- Support of Film Hampshire for people filming in the area
Find 400 locations on our database, covering everything from country houses to beaches and forests.
Take a cinematic tour around Hampshire and find out about some of our best loved film locations.
'From start to finish whilst prepping and filming at Blackbushe Airport for Millennium Films "Criminal," - Film Hampshire was an incredibly useful tool in gaining permissions and putting me in touch with the relevant organisations. Thank you for making the process so easy and efficient.'
Nick Oliver - Location Manager for Criminal, 2014
‘Having spent around fifty days a year shooting Downton Abbey at Hampshire’s Highclere Castle, I have seen what the county has to offer. With its good transport links, spectacular scenery and great locations it really is a joy to film in the area.’
Tom Barnes - Location Manager for Downton Abbey, 2014