Alternative Broadband Grant
Grants available to test alternative broadband technologies in Hampshire ‘not spots’
Hampshire County Council is looking for around 30 households and small businesses to trial a range of the new alternative technologies already on the market that can boost existing broadband speeds. These may be a solution for some of the hard to reach, rural areas of Hampshire with slow broadband speeds of less than 2Mbps (Megabits per second).
A one-off grant of up to £300 is available towards the installation of an ‘alternative’ broadband service that will provide you with improved broadband speeds greater than 2Mbps.
Deadline for applications
This grant is now closed as all funds have been allocated.
Grant criteria and eligibility
- You must be in an area with broadband speeds of 2Mbps or less (download) that is unlikely to be upgraded by commercial rollouts before 2015. To check your current download speeds please use the postcode checker.
- The grant is exclusively for the installation and set up costs of the “Alternative Broadband Solution” chosen including wireless or satellite receiver equipment but not personal computers, servers or other related IT equipment. Subscription costs and rental fees are excluded.
- The 'Alternative Broadband Solution' must be capable wherever feasible of delivering over 2Mbps.
- The maximum grant per single household or business premises is £300.
- For individuals, their premises must be located in Hampshire and comprise a single residential dwelling-house.
- For small and medium sized enterprises, their premises must be located in Hampshire and employ between 1 and 249 employees with a turnover of no more than £50 million per annum or have a balance sheet of no more than £43 million.
- The contract for an 'Alternative Broadband Solution' is between the applicant and the supplier.
- The applicant must reside or operate its business at the address supplied in the application form and the grant is for the installation of the 'Alternative Broadband Solution' at that address.
- All the information supplied to us must be correct at the time of application and you must inform us promptly about any changes to information you have provided.
If your grant is successful a grant agreement containing our terms and conditions will be sent to you for signing prior to any funds being processed.