Culture and Community Activity Grants
This scheme is now closed
The purpose of the Culture and Community Activity Grants is to provide general support to groups and organisations which encourage and provide opportunities for individuals and communities within Hampshire to participate in community-focused, cultural and recreational activities.
Culture and Community Activity Grants will fund up to a maximum of £3,000.
This programme funds projects and proposals which support the priorities and outcomes in Hampshire’s ‘Open for Business’ Plan 2011-13 312kb.
- Improved quality of life for all, particularly those who are vulnerable or disadvantaged.
- Enhance community engagement and partnership working – strengthening and empowering communities.
- Enhance Hampshire’s environment and promote sustainability.
When to apply
Deadline for applications
Period of activity
5pm 16 May 2014
3 July 2014
August 2014 - March 2015
5pm 1 August 2014 (pending funding available)
16 September 2014
October 2014 - March 2015
Grant criteria and eligibility
We will fund eligible organisations who fulfill all of the following criteria:
- The proposed programme, project or activity of the organisation is a cultural, community, recreational or community conservation activity/project that encourages and provides opportunities for individuals and communities within Hampshire to participate.
- The programme, project or activity must also support one or more of the Open for Business Plan 2011- 2013 priorities detailed above.
- The organisation has a clear management structure within its constitution or suitable governance/terms of reference.
- The organisation must have actively sought funding from other sources, this could include district, borough, town or parish council funding. Priority will be given to applications which have partner funding in place from other sources.
- The organisation must be able to demonstrate that without the support from Hampshire County Council the activity/event would not be able to proceed at all or to the extent outlined in the application.
- Organisations with significant funds in place or higher levels of reserves must demonstrate why funding from Hampshire County Council is needed.
All successful applicants will be required to provide appropriate reporting and/or monitoring for their service, projects and/or activities.
Organisations will be expected to have appropriate policies, procedures and levels of insurances in place. This will include child and vulnerable adult protection/safeguarding policies, health and safety policy, a minimum of £5m Public Liability and £5m Employers Liability Insurance.
Applications to other County Council grant schemes for the proposed project will be considered when reviewing applications.
Business Sponsorship - addtional criteria and eligibility
We can match fund business sponsorship up to £500. The sponsorship you are receiving must be monetary, we can not match fund any in kind sponsorship, e.g. free/subsidised marketing. Match funding must be a minimum of £200 per business and businesses must be first time sponsors. Maximum of one application per organisation per year.
Organisations will not normally be eligible for grants where they hold a high level of unallocated reserves, particularly in excess of one year’s running costs. In cases where reserves held are felt to be high or exceed one year’s running costs a reduced level of funding may be agreed. All charitable organisations are expected to have an agreed reserves policy that addresses their financial risk.
Organisations must submit their last audited/examined accounts or financial summary when applying to this scheme.
What is funded
- Community, cultural, recreational or community conservation projects, activities or events that provide opportunities for local people to become involved.
- A high quality eligible project, programme or activity that delivers measurable results against the priorities set out above.
- Match funding for business sponsorship.
What isn't funded
- Further or higher education fees, personal development or training fees for individuals
- Curriculum based activities
- Building based capital works
- Capital schemes – i.e. buying instruments, equipment or uniforms.
- Website development projects or medical/complimentary treatment activities
- Setting up an organisation
- General running costs of an organisation
- Profit making events/activities
- District or Borough Councils
- Services, projects or activities solely within the unitary authority areas of Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council
- Uniformed groups such as Scouts, Girl Guides, military groups etc.
Please note we cannot retrospectively fund works or projects that have already been carried out. Grants are issued for works or projects to be carried out in the future.
Hampshire County Council
Telephone 01962 845390