Organisational Change Fund
This scheme is currently closed. The scheme will re-open on the 1st September 2013.
The Organisational Change Fund supports specific, time-limited projects for organisations to achieve efficiencies and reduce on-going dependency on grant funding. This could include the exploration of:
- Alternative funding opportunities and new delivery models.
- New approaches of relevance to future investment from the Culture and Recreation and Community Investment Funds.
The fund will also support a reasonable approach to disinvesting from organisations that are currently funded, but are not considered to be priorities for the future.
This programme funds projects and proposals which supports the following priority and outcome in Hampshire’s ‘Open for Business’ Plan 2011-13:
- Develop new models of service provision, meeting the challenges of reduced resource and evolving national policies, whilst improving the quality of services for users.
When to apply
Deadline for applications
Period of Organisational Change
1 November 2013
20 January 2014
April 2014 – March 2014
Grant criteria and eligibility
We will fund organisations and services, who fulfil our criteria and have submitted a good project proposal, for a grant of up to £10,000. Joint bids between separate organisations can be accepted if appropriate governance is in place. We are unable to award funding to individuals. Our criteria are:
- The project or proposals of the organisation(s) support the corporate priorities.
- The organisation(s) has a clear management structure within its constitution or suitable governance/terms of reference.
All successful applicants will be required to provide appropriate reporting and/or monitoring for their service, projects and/or activities.
Organisations will not normally be eligible for grants where they hold unallocated reserves in excess of one year’s running costs. In cases where reserves held exceed this level a reduced level of funding may be agreed. All charitable organisations are expected to have an agreed reserves policy that addresses their financial risk.
What is funded?
- Maximum grant up to £10,000 for feasibility studies, management consultants etc.
- No maximum for grants for organisations the County Council is disinvesting from.
Feasibility Studies and Management Consultants
In order to assist organisations, Hampshire County Council will support the costs of feasability studies and management consultancy fees.
What isn't funded?
- Ongoing financial support or contributions towards a deficit. Projects must have clear outcomes and must support a sustainable future business model
- Organisations already in receipt of funding from other Hampshire County Council departments for the majority of their core costs and/or service/project activity delivery
- Services provided solely within the unitary authority areas of Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council
- Capital projects or capital grants for equipment
- Parish/Town Councils
- Uniformed groups such as Scouts, Girl Guides etc
Please note we cannot retrospectively fund projects or proposals that have already been carried out. Grants are issued for projects or proposals to be carried out in the future. This includes any contracts issued to consultants before grant approval.
Hampshire County Council
Telephone 01962 845390