Environment other purposes grants
These grants are for voluntary and community organisations who provide a transport service to the wider community
When to apply
- For grants of £5,000 or over, you can apply between 1 April and 31 December.
- For all grants of £1,000 or under, your application must be received by 1 March.
Grant criteria and eligibility
Please note that generally the grants are for funding up to £1000.
Who can apply?
- Voluntary and community organisations who provide a transport service to the wider community
Who can't apply?
- Individuals are not eligible for grants under this scheme
- Organisations which operate outside of Hampshire
- Organisations which only provide transport to their own or specific activities
- Statutory organisations such as schools, parish councils and other local authorities
- Commercial organisations.
What is funded?
- A grant towards the purchase of a specific piece of transport related equipment
- A grant towards a transport related training session or event
- A grant towards exceptional one-off costs – such as major repairs to a minibus, where the bus is widely used by the local community but the organisation does not have funds to pay for the repair
- Other miscellaneous community transport projects or services not listed above but which benefit the wider community and improve local accessibility
What isn’t funded?
- Payments for providing trips to hospital for appointments or treatment
- A deficit on the operating costs of a minibus used for group hire (where the income is less than the expenditure)
- Projects or services which are not available to the wider community
- Voluntary Car Schemes or Good Neighbours Groups, please see the Voluntary Car Scheme grant funding stream.
Community Transport Team
Economy, Transport and Environment Department
Elizabeth II Court West,
Winchester, SO23 8UD
Telephone 01962 846785
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org