We welcome visitors but we occasionally have to close the Hall for civic and other events. Please check details of closure dates before making a special journey.
We are situated at the top of Winchester High Street, just beyond the old Westgate.
The Great Hall is a 10 minute walk from Winchester Station.
Tower Street car park is a 5 minute walk from the Great Hall.
There are two Coach set-down points at either end of the city. The drop off point at Sussex Street is a 5 minute walk from the Great Hall. Waiting is limited to 20 minutes. There is a coach park for longer stays at Worthy Lane. The parking charge is £6 per coach per day, or part thereof. The Winchester Parking Office can be contacted via 01962 848346 if prior arrangement is required.
- We are open daily 10am to 5pm but occasionally close for functions
- Closed Christmas and Boxing Day
We occasionally have to close the Hall for civic and other events – please check dates below before making a special journey.
- 10 March 2014 Closed until 12noon
- 20 March 2014 Closed from 3pm
- 27 March 2014 Closed from 4pm
- 3 April 2014 Closed from 2pm
- 5 April 2014 Closed from 3pm
- 23 April 2014 Closed until 11am
- 26 April 2014 Closed from 3pm
- 29 April 2014 Closed from 3pm
- 10 May 2014 Closed all day
- 20 June 2014 Closed all day
Tel 01962 846476
The Great Hall