We welcome visitors but we occasionally have to close the Hall for civic and other events. Please check details of closure dates before making a special journey.
We are situated at the top of Winchester High Street, just beyond the old Westgate.
The Great Hall is a 10 minute walk from Winchester Station.
Tower Street car park is a 5 minute walk from the Great Hall.
There are two Coach set-down points at either end of the city. The drop off point at Sussex Street is a 5 minute walk from the Great Hall. Waiting is limited to 20 minutes. There is a coach park for longer stays at Worthy Lane. The parking charge is £6 per coach per day, or part thereof. The Winchester Parking Office can be contacted via 01962 848346 if prior arrangement is required.
- We are open daily 10am to 5pm but occasionally close for functions
- 9 June to 31 August open 10am to 6pm
- Closed Christmas and Boxing Day
9 June–31 August open 10am–6pm
We occasionally have to close the Hall for civic and other events – please check dates below before making a special journey.
- 29 August Closed from 3pm
- 30 August Closed all day
- 9 September Closed from 3pm
- 11 September Closed from 2pm
- 16 September Closed from 4pm
- 18 September Closed from 4pm
- 4 October closed all day
- 8 October closed until 10:30am
Tel 01962 846476
The Great Hall