Hamble Learning Zone
The Hamble River and its surrounding area provides a fascinating real world setting for learning. Find information about the river, places to visit and things to do.
About the Hamble River
- Location - Hampshire – United Kingdom
- Source - Near Bishops Waltham
- Mouth - Flows into Southampton Water between Hamble – le - Rice and Warsash.
- Length – 7.5 miles (12kms)
- Direction – Flows southwards
- Nature – Non-tidal Bishops Waltham to Botley. Tidal from Botley to Southampton Water.
- Settlements – The course of the river takes it via Botley, Bursledon and Swanwick – to Hamble /Warsash.
- Key Use – Major recreational/leisure activity resource. Other riverine industries and services.