The River Hamble Harbour Authority
The River Hamble Harbour Authority is managed by Hampshire County Council's Culture, Communities and Rural Affairs department. We manage the River for the benefit of all its users, and to provide the following services and facilities
- Implementing the Port Marine Safety Code to ensure that the harbour is as safe as possible for everyone who uses it
- Carrying out daily patrols to check on boats and moorings
- Enforcing local bye-laws
- Providing a qualified First Aid capability on and off the water
- Providing a salvage, firefighting and towage capability for vessels in difficulties
- Protecting and enhancing designated and protected sites.
- Pollution control, including oil spill response.
- Providing facilities for the disposal of waste materials associated with the harbour and its users.
Navigation marks and lights
- Maintaining and improving navigation marks and lights to mark the main channel and safe water within the River.
- Managing mid-stream moorings on behalf of the Crown Estate
- Managing the moorings waiting list on behalf of the Crown Estate
- Managing the sub-letting of moorings
- Providing a presence on the water to ensure that events on the water are run safely and smoothly
- Providing berthing facilities for visiting yachtsmen
Information and Education
- Providing information on the environment, flora and fauna of the River
- Educating and informing River users about safety on the water