Family and Group Activities
If you’re looking for excitement, challenge and enjoyment then you need look no further than a visit to the Hampshire Mountain Centre. The range and quality of activities are exceptional and irrespective of your length of stay, will provide a memorable experience. No previous experience is required, just a willingness to have a go.
A great chance for the family to try some of our popular activities or a great present for the whole family!
Children must be accompanied by at least one participating adult, with a maximum of two children per adult. Please bear in mind, these days are progressive with the whole family in mind, and the structure of the day will depend on the group mix and conditions.
Whether you’re a group of friends wanting a fun day out, you’re organising a celebration with a difference or you’re a club wanting a social event then the Hampshire Mountain Centre will be able to provide what your looking for.
Everything from one day through to week long residential visits are available, with every programme tailored for the individual group.
Activities and facilities
- Rock Climbing and abseiling - using local cliffs
- Gorge Walks/Adventure Walks - Great fun and can be very wet
- Mountain Walks - We’re based in the heart of the Brecon Beacons
- Caving - using several local venues all suitable for beginners and experienced groups
- Canoeing –using local rivers/ reservoirs/canals depending on group needs
- Residential accommodation for up to 64 people with the smallest booking of 14 beds (see course costing)
- On site catering or self catering option - our dining rooms look out onto Pen y Fan
- Conference/training rooms - suitable for groups up to 30
- All specialist equipment is provided
- Water sports available all year round
River Trips in Canoe
Adults and accompanied children (8 years+)
A great way for the family to get afloat together. Using two seater Canoes your instructor will organise the group depending upon age, conditions and previous experience. Younger children will normally paddle with a parent, sibling or another youngster. The group will all operate in the same area so it should be easy to see how everyone is getting on.
Instruction for a full day is from £180 for a group of up to 10 people with one instructor.
All activities listed are for a full day, 9am-4.30pm, however we can be flexible to suit your requirements.