Hampshire County Council Library Service systems upgrade
Friday, 20 December 2013
Hampshire Library Service is due to have a systems upgrade and as a result there will be a restricted service from after closing time on Saturday 25 January until Thursday 30 January.
During this time all libraries will be open as usual and customers are welcome to:
- Borrow books and other items.
- Use the Wi-Fi
- Go-Online access to the internet
- Attend a story or rhyme time
- Attend any other event, performance or learning session.
However, during this period visitors will be unable to:
- Check their loans or any information on their library card
- Pay any fines or hire charges
- Access the on-line services such as the catalogue, make a reservation or borrow an e-book.
In order to reduce the demand on issuing and returning books and other items from your local library, anything borrowed before this period will not be due for return until after 30 January.
Councillor Keith Chapman, Hampshire County Council's Executive Member for Culture, Recreation and Countryside, said: "The upgrading of our library systems is essential. However, while the majority of library services will be available during this time, some activities will be limited. I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this essential upgrade may cause to customers and thank them in advance for their patience."