Skip to content
Conditions of the web space offer
- If you are a Hampshire County Council department, business unit or collaborative project where Hampshire County Council is the major funder, your web pages must be part of Hantsweb. Our web space offers do not apply to you.
- Hampshire County Council reserves the right to accept or reject applications for web space.
- Hosted sites may choose whatever style or image they wish for their site but MUST abide by our Appropriate Content Policy.Failure to comply may result in website suspension.
- A hosted web site needs to agree to comply with the principles of the 1998 Data Protection Act, if the site is used to process (e.g., collect and/or publish) personal information. Information for controllers of data and subjects of data and all details relating to data protection is available from central government's Data Protection website.Failure to comply may result in website suspension.
- Free webspace comes with 50mb of webspace. Virtual Servers are allocated 100mb of space. Schools are allocated 150mb of space. You must not exceed this limit. Any sites approaching this pre-set limit will be emailed to alert them of this.
- Additional web space is available in blocks of 50mb. This additional space is incurs a cost to both free and virtual webspace. To order additional webspace please email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, web address and how much space you which to purchase.
- All free hosted web pages need to display a Hantsweb credit icon and link at the bottom of their home page using an extract of HTML supplied at the time of setting up your web space.
- The content of the Hantsweb Credit Icon is determined by Hampshire County Council, and subject to change without notice. A choice of two Hantsweb Credit Icons are available (Hantsweb credit icon). The credit icon must not be copied and must be a hyperlink to Hantsweb ( http://www3.hants.gov.uk/ ). Pages not observing this condition may be suspended or in extreme cases removed from the Hantsweb Server.
- If you are applying for your own domain name, you must be aware of the terms and condition imposed by the registration body for domain names.
- FrontPage Server extensions are only supported in virtual webspace hosting options.
- When you apply for web space a contact name and email address is required. You are responsible for ensuring the name and email contact are up to date using the tools provided. If when contacted this email is rejected or invalid, or if it is not replied to within three months, then your website will be suspended until contact is made. If no contact is made after another three months, the site will be removed.
- Change in contact information should ideally come from an existing contact. Where this is not possible, an officer of the organisation which owns the site (e.g. parish council clerk, secretary of a club or charity) must contact us in writing to confirm the change of contact. Please contact the Hantsweb team at email@example.com
- From time to time, as may be necessary, Hampshire County Council “IT services” may contact you regarding the administration or content of your web pages and by accepting this offer it is deemed that you agree to carry out such alterations as may be reasonably expected by Hampshire County Council IT Services.
- Users of web space allocated under the web space offer should notify the Hantsweb Team, firstname.lastname@example.org when their hosted pages are "live". Arrangements may then be made for links to your web pages from other information collections in Hantsweb as appropriate.
- If no home page is published within six months of the space being allocated, then the site will be removed without notice. Hosted sites left unused for a period of 6 months will be removed from the server.
- Virtual Servers will be charged in advance for web services from date of the application to the end of the current financial year (31st March). Invoices will then be sent in April of each subsequent year.
- If payment is not received within 30 days of the date of the invoice, webspace will be suspended.
- If payment has not been received within 90 days then the site will be deleted and you will be liable for any charges incurred by us, including domain name registrations.
- If within one month of set-up you notify us that the webspace is no longer required, the invoice will be cancelled. You will still be liable for the fee for any domain registered by Hampshire County Council on behalf of your organisation.
- Advertising and/or banners promoting products or services of a third party organisation is not permitted on hosted web sites. Information about commercial services, for example, a list of the shops available in a local high street is fine as long as there is no charge levied to the organisation involved for being listed and there is equal access for all such organisations to be listed.
- All free web space sites are prohibited from trading goods or services (often known as "e-commerce") without the prior consent of the Hantsweb Manager.
- In no event (death or personal injury excepted) will Hampshire County Council be liable to the customer for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the Web Hosting Services or any products provided under this Agreement, even if the Council has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Council's liability to the Customer for actual damages for any cause whatsoever, regardless of the form of the action, will be strictly limited to 125% of the Fees paid for the prior 12 months.
- It is your responsibility to back up your website using the tools provided. We will not be able to restore your data if it is lost.
- Support is only available during normal working hours Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays, through the Hantsweb Support Team. If you have any queries, please let us know.