For residents of care homes and sheltered accommodation
This scheme makes it easy for groups of residents of care homes and sheltered accommodation to borrow books and other items from the library.
Membership is free of charge.
To start using this scheme a representative of the group needs to join the Home Group Membership Scheme. The representative can then select all the items the group wants, either by choosing in person or browsing online, and then coming to the library to collect them.
Alternatively, library staff can make the selection on your behalf, just have a chat to them, and they’ll use their knowledge of the available stock to choose for you.
- You can borrow up to 100 items at a time, (excluding children’s stock)
- There are no hire charges for audio books
- No overdue charges on books or audio books
- Reserve up to 10 items of Hampshire’s stock free of charge
- Normal hire charges apply on DVDs and music CDs
- A £1.50 replacement charge applies if the card is lost.