About the Local Resilience Forum
The Hampshire Isle of Wight Local Resilience Forum (HIOW LRF) consists of representatives from emergency services, local authorities and any other organisations who potentially would be involved in an emergency.
Through the Forum, these organisations work together to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies. This is achieved through several LRF sub-groups dedicated to various emergency management actions from Risk Assessment of the HIOW area, to local community resilience practices.
The LRF is also responsible for the development, maintenance, and testing of emergency plans and procedures for major incidents, ensuring all its organisations are prepared to respond to an emergency within HIOW, and that an effective multi-agency response is available.This joined up approach helps to ensure the best possible service for people living in Hampshire and the effective delivery of the duties under the Civil Contingencies Act.
Local Resilience Forum Objectives
The HIOWLRF's specific objectives are:
- to agree on joint strategic and policy approaches relating to preparedness and response;
- to approve the Community Risk Register, and ensure it provides a robust basis for planning;
- to ensure that appropriate multi-agency plans, procedures, training and exercises necessary to address identified or foreseeable local and wider area hazards are in place and outstanding gaps identified;
- to direct and oversee the activities of working groups as they are established and allocate tasks to them as appropriate;
- to receive reports from the working groups on current threat levels, gaps in planning and progress on actions tasked;
- to ensure that appropriate resources are made available to working groups to fulfil statutory and task-based responsibilities;
- to co-ordinate the individual approaches and responsibilities of each organisation to ensure that they complement each other and dovetail with partners' arrangements, and
- to consider the implications of legislation, national initiatives and decisions of the Regional Resilience Forum for the Local Resilience Forum area.
Local Resilience Forum Sub-groups
LRF sub-groups provide relevant responders with the opportunity to combine their knowledge and experience in specific resilience areas, in a collaborative environment. The current main LRF sub-groups that are in action are:
- Community Resilience Group
- Delivery Group
- Emergency Plans Group
- Environment Group
- Executive Group
- Fuel Sub Group
- Planning Group
- Risk Assessment Working Group
- Specialist Capability Management Group
- Training & Exercising Group
- Voluntary Sector Group
- Warning & Informing Group
Contact the LRF
Local Resilience Forum
Emergency Planning Unit
Hampshire County Council
Elizabeth II Court South - 317A