- We produce minerals and waste planning policy with Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and local National Park Authorities.
- We determine planning applications for mineral and waste management developments and County Council proposals such as schools.
- We monitor (and enforce when required) mineral and waste management sites to ensure compliance with plans and to control unauthorised development.
- We undertake planning and coordinate funding for infrastructure as well as other planning-related policy and strategy preparation.
- We respond to national planning and Local Plan consultations.
Government announces consultation on onshore oil and gas licences areas, including 2 in Hampshire. More information is available on the oil and gas pages and in the updated On-shore Oil and Gas FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) 2 MB.
The planning application for a construction of a bypass for Stubbington and construction of a new southern section of Newgate Lane is live and open for comments until 11 September 2015. The applications are proposed to be presented for decision at the 21 October Regulatory Committee meeting.
18/06/15 Online Policy Map published
The latest information showing sites proposed by the Hampshire Minerals and Waste Plan, safeguarded mineral resources and safeguarded mineral and waste infrastucture is now available on an online map.
Comment on an application (open for consultation)
Decisions (on those that have been recently determined, excluding those subject to a legal agreement)
Development Scheme (latest version)
Find out more about oil and gas extraction in Hampshire (including the technique of 'fracking') in the Onshore Oil & Gas FAQs 2 MB
Help and Information
How will we engage with communities? - Statement of Community Involvement
What does that term or phrase mean? See the Glossary
Information on all aspects of our work - see our facts and figures pages