- We produce minerals and waste planning policy with Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and local National Park Authorities.
- We determine planning applications for mineral and waste management developments and County Council proposals such as schools.
- We monitor (and enforce when required) mineral and waste management sites to ensure compliance with plans and to control unauthorised development.
- We determine applications for land drainage consent that affect the flow of ordinary watercourses.
- We undertake planning and coordinate funding for infrastructure as well as other planning-related policy and strategy preparation.
- We respond to national planning and Local Plan consultations.
08/10/14 Updated Oil & Gas FAQs published
An update to the On-shore oil and gas FAQ 3 MB (Frequently Asked Questions) has been published. This includes information on the forthcoming work on this issue. Other FAQs on mineral and waste topics as well as general planning issues can be found on the Minerals & Waste Topics and Issues webpage.
Comment on an application (open for consultation)
Decisions (on those that have been recently determined but not including those subject to a legal agreement)
Find out more about oil and gas extraction in Hampshire (including the technique of 'fracking') in the Onshore Oil & Gas FAQs 3 MB
Help and Information
What does that term or phrase mean? See the Glossary
Information on all aspects of our work - see our facts and figures pages