How to book a visit to SEARCH
You can make a preliminary booking enquiry for SEARCH sessions online. We will then get back to you to discuss your visit within three working days, however if you prefer telephone us on 023 9250 1957.
Sessions must be booked in advance.
We make a charge to cover the cost of providing the facilitators for your session. These members of staff are specially trained to lead sessions using the equipment and collections.
Sessions last approximately 2 hours and normally start between 9.30am/10am and 12pm/12.30pm. Special schools and reminiscence groups can negotiate times to suit their needs.
The pre-visit meeting gives you the opportunity to
- see and try out the activities involved in your session
- discuss with staff how the session can be individually tailored for your class
- receive a session pack which includes ideas for activities to support your visit
- familiarise yourself with the building and its facilities for your risk assessment
- check travelling times to Gosport and parking arrangements
- An eating area can be provided for an additional charge of £10 and can be reserved at time of your booking.
- Ample toilet facilities are provided in the building
- All public areas are accessible to visitors with disabilities
- The building is secure, and is not open to the general public when schools are visiting
- There is no shop at SEARCH
- There is a coach/minibus parking bay
Rates for school groups - max 35 pupils
- All schools £85 per group
- Accompanying adults free
A lunchroom can be booked for an additional £10
All visits must be pre-booked and are payable by invoice.
Cancellations at short notice or after the pre-visit meeting will incur an administration fee.