Friends of the Red House Museum
The Friends of the Red House Museum was established in 1951 by a group of people who wanted to play an active part in the life of their Museum. Over the last few years, interest in the Friends has grown and it has become a vibrant organisation with an active Chairman and a very supportive committee. Membership is growing – currently about two hundred.
The Friends also play an essential part in the Red House Museum by volunteering to work in the garden, and in other areas of the Museum, such as documentation, transcribing, and oral history recording.
In becoming a Friend you will be making an important contribution towards preserving the rich heritage of Christchurch and you will meet others who enjoy playing a part in the life of the Museum and Gardens.
Joining the Friends of Red House Museum is easy, and it costs very little. And remember, all monies raised helps the Red House Museum, plus you have access to a number of opportunities and benefits:
- A regular newsletter that will keep you up-to-date with the latest news on what activities the Friends are planning, together with all the latest from the Museum.
- Discount entry to various activities, such as lectures and invitations to previews throughout the year.
- Various social and fund-raising events are arranged for members and their friends. Full details are published in the newsletters.
Join the Friends
- Annual subscription - £6
- Joint Subscription (2 adults at the same address) - £8
- Family Subscription (4 people at the same address) - £10
- Application form 9kb pdf