Education Personnel Service (EPS)
A Human Resource (HR) education consultancy and recruitment service working with over 540 schools, colleges, children’s centres and nurseries.
Consultants, who are experts in the education and children’s sector, provide HR solutions which support school and organisational improvement and positive outcomes for children.
The service is supported by a unique Customer Charter 332kb to ensure outcomes are tailored to school requirements.
- Telephone helpline: unlimited access, available daily, operated by experienced HR consultants for general queries and advice.
- Online information: access to the EPS Manual of Personnel Practice, which provides essential employment guidance, model policies and procedures.
- Employee relations: casework support for staff performance and attendance issues, including capability, disciplinary, grievance, sickness absence management and ill health.
- Recruitment: access to our extensively viewed education jobs website for advertising job vacancies, and to an optional administration support service for headship, deputy headship and other appointments.
- Pay and conditions: advice on the interpretation, development and implementation of national and local terms, conditions and pay for teachers and support staff.
- Newly qualified teachers: advice on the management of statutory induction and provision of Appropriate Body responsibilities.
- Workforce organisation: advice and support with managing changes, including redesign of job roles, reorganisations, reductions and the application of TUPE.
- Training: standardised and bespoke training solutions to increase the skills and knowledge of managers and governors.
- School transformation: advice and support for those considering, or opting to become an academy, and an offer of a service which continues to meet your needs.
- Newsletter: provision of our Headlines publication which keeps you up-to-date with the latest HR developments impacting on the education and children’s sector.
- Personalised service from named consultants who work with your school so that advice can be tailored to your specific situation.
- Experienced helpdesk staff which ensures you have direct access to extensive expertise when you need it.
- An options-based approach where we provide you with a range of risk assessed options which enable you to make a fully informed choice about how to manage and resolve issues.
- Agreed timelines and response times, which are agreed on a case-by-case basis to ensure your service expectations and needs are met.
- Our extensive experience and proven track record, with our wide-education customer base, built over the past 20 years.
- Our established network for customer consultation, which ensures that our policies keep you legally compliant and remain practical, working for you on a day-to-day basis.
- Regular review of our services which ensures that they are relevant to your requirements and achieve the highest standards.
Customers can purchase a core set of services provided by EPS through a subscription arrangement.
The charges are based on the size of your organisation.
Additional bespoke services are available at hourly, daily or fixed rates dependant on the services required.
We are committed to providing you with a value for money service which meets your needs.
Education Personnel HR consultants are all appropriately qualified and receive regular professional development and performance monitoring.
Customer feedback is used to improve and develop this service, in line with the Quality Assurance Framework for Services for Schools.
Mechanisms for collecting the views of customers include the annual satisfaction survey and complaints, compliments and comments.
Contact us about this service
Education Personnel Services Business Manager
Tel: 023 8038 3528
Listening to your needs
We can tailor services and develop bespoke packages to suit your needs contact us today