Providing a full range of financial services which meets the budgeting, financial, processing, monitoring and reporting requirements for schools and academies.
Additional services for academies include a start-up service and an accountancy service for production of statutory accounts and returns.
We offer financial services using the County Council’s established SAP system, which provides enhanced security, linking (where appropriate) to your own bank account within which you will control all the access. Through this route the County Council is seeking to help manage business and continuity risks for schools and academies. This approach limits risk exposure associated with change, removing the need for data migration and limiting training requirements, whilst building on the established partnership and shared knowledge of the system and processes.
We also offer to academies a financial solution which includes hosted accountancy software provided by PS Financials who are a leading provider for academies. This solution would include software implementation and ongoing financial and system support through the EFS service.
For academies that have chosen to implement a stand alone financial package then we are pleased to be able to offer financial services, and the extent of those services will be dependent on the package selected. As a minimum the financial services available will include helping academies manage their financial activities efficiently and effectively, supporting the stewardship of funds.
Education Financial Services – financial planning, monitoring and returns (schools and academies)
Advice and support will be provided for your operational and strategic financial management with support also given on compliance. Areas of support and advice to be covered will vary, but could include:
- budget planning,
- compliance with statutory regulations and returns
- support for medium and long term planning:
- financial modelling, forecasting and sensitivity analysis.
We provide support and advice, including
- unlimited telephone and electronic mail support including where applicable, support on SAP or hosted PS Financials reporting (or other financial systems agreed in advance) and the Financial Planning Software for financial monitoring and reporting.
- On-site visits from EFS staff.
- A locum service when an admin officer/ finance officer is absent.
Financial Processing via SAP System (Schools only)
The County Council’s SAP system is well established and highly valued as a robust base for delivery of financial services to Hampshire’s Schools. We are offering SAP as an accountancy and resource management systems for schools outside of Hampshire. This provides:
- school specific chart of accounts
- year end roll forward of balances;
- raising orders, goods receipt, and invoices;
- generating payments from your bank account including BACS and local cheque printing.
- Standard SAP reports are available for activities such as budget monitoring, year end statements in CFR formats.
2 Hosted Financial Solution (Academies only)
Utilising the highly regarded services of EFS and Hampshire IT, we can provide academies with a financial solution including:
- hosting of PS Financials including full implementation and training
- Ongoing support to maximise system benefits
- Full access to the EFS service with enhanced support possible through a hosted solution
- Provision of the Financial Planning Software.
Benefits to schools
Hampshire County Council has a long and well established partnership relationship with Hampshire schools. The County Council is keen to continue to develop a similar relationship with schools outside Hampshire and with those that become an academy.
- We will work in collaboration with schools and academies, particularly over the initial period, to ensure that the systems and services meet their needs.
- Trusted advice and support will be provided by qualified and experienced accounting practitioners with appropriate CRB check in place.
- A tailored service will be provided through support from a nominated contact.
- Support is readily available through telephone and email support and supplemented by EFS with on site visits.
- Due to the adaptability of the provision the financial services will complement and support the financial expertise held within the school.
Charges to schools and academies will be based on an annual charge reflecting the services selected, establishment size, excess travel and subsistence expenses, complexity, likely transaction volume, IT system (SAP, PS Financials or other package), IT infrastructure and communications network.
Additional and ad hoc support and services requested (subject to availability) will be charged on a standard hourly/day rate basis.
Provision of the bespoke schools version of the County Council schools Financial Planning Software or the academy version can be provided at an additional annual charge.
The County Treasurer is committed to the provision of quality financial services and conducts regular customer reviews. At each review service improvements have been identified including Plain English and proactive complaints monitoring.
All feedback received is shared internally within the County Council and externally with key customer contacts to allow for independent scrutiny and resolution.
Contact us about this service
Head of Education Financial Services
Tel: 01962 876327
Listening to your needs
We can tailor services and develop bespoke packages to suit your needs contact us today