Schools Library Services (SLS)
Enabling schools to develop their library services and resources across Key Stages 1 to 4 to support the whole-school curriculum and meet the learning and developmental needs of the individual.
- Advice and support for the school in the development of the Learning Resource Centre (LRC).
- ICT advice and consultation on developing the library network to support learning.
- Support for initiatives in school to encourage reading and improve literacy levels.
- Training and development opportunities for LRC and teaching staff.
- Loan and exchange of resources that are targeted and up-to-date.
- Information on current developments in LRC provision.
- Competitive purchasing arrangements for resources.
- Saves money through targeted resources to support all aspects of the curriculum which can be exchanged, depending on the level of service, to ensure currency.
- Expert advice freely available when needed to support teaching and library staff.
- Support for schools to enable them to use technology effectively to maximise its potential, including Eclipse Library Management programme and online resources.
- Literacy support for pupils with reader promotion initiatives and strategies, including book awards.
- Information skills support for the library to enhance independent and personalised learning.
- Support for developing pupils’ learning skills, including creating package for cross-curricular LRC based learning.
- Supporting the library manager by providing networking meetings as part of service to develop their knowledge.
All schools will be charged on a lump sum and per pupil basis, depending on the level of service they require.
Customer feedback is used to improve and develop this service, in line with the Quality Assurance Framework for Services for Schools.
Mechanisms for collecting the views of customers include the annual satisfaction survey and complaints, compliments and comments.
The service also uses the following information to improve quality:
- comments and views from Headteacher Review Groups (meets termly).
- feedback obtained through regular visits from lead advisers to schools.
- evaluation of all training offered.
Contact us about this service
Schools Library Service Manager
Tel: 01962 826654
Listening to your needs
We can tailor services and develop bespoke packages to suit your needs contact us today