Nationally, sport relies on 1.5 million volunteers, officials, coaches, administrators and managers. Volunteers are key to the success of sport in Hampshire & IOW, helping to drive participation and physical activity at a variety of levels.
Volunteering helps you:
- Develop new skills
- Gain real work experience
- Meet new people
- Support your community
There are many routes into volunteering:
- Contact a local club - if you are interested in a particular sport.
- Contact your local Volunteer Centre. They help match individuals seeking volunteer roles to local opportunities.
- The Sport Makers scheme helps over 16s get involved in volunteering in sport.
- Do-it.org is the national database of all volunteering opportunities - for all ages and all opportunities - from sport, to the arts, working with animals and the elderly. Search for opportunities in your area.
- Community Games offers a support package for volunteers and community organisations to organise their own event to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012 and 2013.
Coach Development Officer
Sports Development Manager